Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

My Life

Life during the Great Depression was hard. Waking up every morning in a new place, alone, with no food or water to go to. Living during that time I always remember having to go from person to person looking for a simple small job, just for a small meal. Nothing was for certain for me or the other 75% of the country living in poverty. Everyone was trying to do the same thing; find work, which made that task a whole lot harder. I remember riding the rails to get from town to town and city to city looking for someplace that will get me some work. Me living as a hobo was no choice, I had no money and was forced to have no place to live, but some found the idea as a good one, and chose to be that way. Some people however did have money and were considered rich, but the problem was that those people were the ONLY ones with money. Those are the people I tried asking for work, because they tended to be the ones looking for some help. I had kids too, older ones, so they were told to go off on their own and do what I was doing; try to find work. I lived doing the same thing everyday for years, but thankfully one day the New Deal was established and I was able to find a steady paying job.

Signed
James Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment